We’ve worked extensively in the NHS over the past decade promoting digital transformation initiatives trusts and GPs have undertaken focused on medical records scanning and e-delivery. We’ve engaged with 11 trusts, two GP surgeries and two private healthcare firms.
We’ve also promoted how other Trusts have capitalised on vendor neutral managed services as a way to simplify procurement and save money.
Our NHS focus has been for a range of clients supporting the health sector:
- CCube Solutions – electronic document management software;
- Filestream – electronic document management software;
- Genmed – vendor neutral managed services;
- IBML – high speed prescription and medical record scanning;
- Kodak Alaris – high speed medical record scanning;
- MISL – a BPO providing medical records scanning services.
- We delivered a comprehensive campaign to promote St Helens & Knowsley NHS Trust – the first trust in the UK to stop using paper records in clinical practice. They used Kodak scanners to digitise the files. We set up two-interview days where 21 journalists were briefed. We produced a case study film which to date has had over 2,300 views. We won various awards: UK IT Industry Awards’ public sector project of the year, Health Business Awards, Techworld Awards and DM Magazine’s project of the year award.
- Further to the success of this, we were appointed to launch e-LGS (Electronic Lloyd George Records Service) – a fully managed service to digitise, archive and host Lloyd George patient records held by all GPs in their surgeries. This was a joint announcement by St Helens & Knowsley Health Informatics Service and CCube Solutions who started selling e-LGS to the wider NHS.
As part of launch strategy, we secured the support of the first GP practice to use e-LGS and the senior partner attended the press launch to talk about the benefits realised. Click here to read some of the coverage. The initiative was also rated as a finalist in the HSJ Efficiency Awards. Two surgeries signed up to the e-LGS service after the immediate launch.
We later drafted an in-depth white paper on e-LGS which CCube Solutions now uses for new business.
- In collaboration with the CIO and lead clinician, we worked with Aintree University Hospital to communicate the impressive ROI from their digital records project – £1 million saved annually from a £1.5 million investment and 30% space gain in a £45 million new building. We drafted the press kit and again produced a film. They too were entered into various awards winning Computer Weekly European User Awards, DM Magazine and eHealth Insider.
- We’ve worked closely with the NHS Business Services Authority to produce a reference film and later announce that it was offering services to help primary and secondary care providers digitally transform. This is project utilises the speed and accuracy of IBML scanners.
- We’ve worked with The Royal Free London to highlight how it has removed paper patient records from day-to-day operations – in fact two years earlier than expected – working with BPO operator, MISL, who use Kodak scanners. Interviews were set up with The Royal Free’s then CIO, Will Smart, who has subsequently become CIO at NHS England. Click here to see the coverage.
- We’ve announced how six trusts are all using Genmed’s vendor neutral managed services: London North West Healthcare, SWLEOC, Nottingham University Hospital, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, Countess of Chester and Wirral University Teaching Hospital.
We also drafted various by-lined articles attributed to Genmed’s founder and chairman on the importance of better procurement processes in the NHS. Click here and here to access eBooks with some of the results.